Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just built computer -- Random restarts during games

• Please log in to reply

ericZZZ

ericZZZ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I just built a new computer with the specs below and have been having problems where it randomly restarts w/o a bsod. I have unchecked that auto restart button or w/e in order to attempt to bring up a bsod before it restarts, however none comes up. In the event viewer it has Event 41, Kernel-Power with all of this:

EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

This seems to only happen when I am playing Warcraft 3 or Starcraft 2. I just updated my vid card driver and was hit with another random restart. The first thing that comes to mind is the PSU, but I don't want to go out and buy a new PSU and have the same things happen. Any ideas/suggestions? THANKS!

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7-950
Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
2 Extra 120mm case fans
ASUS Sabertooth X58
nvidia gtx470
2gbx6 xms3 ddr3 corsair
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB SSD
WD 1TB 5400 RPM HHD
LG Bluray burner
pci express network card
650w psu