Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Router restarts

• Please log in to reply

aedivia

aedivia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Awhile back I bought a new computer for playing games online. (upgraded version of this : http://www.komplett.....aspx?sku=10274 )

I bought it without a a windows installation because i already had a copy of vista 64 cd which I installed when I got the computer. Then I realized vista couldnt handle the amount of ram my computer had or support some of the other new hardware, so i went online and purchased a copy on Windows 7 for 600dollars and digitally downloaded it from a non microsoft site, as it turned out after I installed it the cd validation key was not included in the purchase sadly so I was running it as trial version for 30 days.

Anyhow, at some point (and it has been going on for awhile) my router reboots quite frequently when I am online playing games such as Civilization 5 , world of warcraft and CoD on this computer. Sometimes it can reboot up to 3-4 times an hour if I'm really unlucky! When I'm not playing games and just surfing the web it is rare the router restarts, and while I sleep I keep my computer online and it dont reboot at all.

So it is basically when I play online games this occurs the most. However! If I play games online on my laptop or playstation 3 the router -never- reboots, so it's obvious the problem is not the router itself since it works with my ps3 and laptop but not my stationary gaming computer.

I have not a clue what is wrong please help me..

here is a log from my router right after it restarts : http://i54.tinypic.com/dfhkj8.png

It is a SpeedTouch 780 (0736JTG9C) wireless router, but I use a cable and turned on the WLAN setting.

Edited by aedivia, 08 January 2011 - 03:39 AM.

Advertisements