Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant login to network time error

• Please log in to reply

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hello all,

i had to reboot a system due to some printer issues so after it did i tried to log back in to the network using the correct user name and password,
after pressing enter i ran in to this error message "The current time on this computer and the current time on the network are
different. For more information about Date/Time properties, see Help and
Support. To log on, Contact your system administrator".
so i logged in as a local Admin looked at the time and date they where both correct (maybe a couple seconds off but that shouldn't be a problem)
then rebooted the system and looked in the BIOS maybe the time was wrong there and again the time was correct.
rebooted the system again tried to log in as a user and the same error popped up.
so all the clocks are showing the same time and i still get that error message.....
I've never seen it before either and tried everything i could come up with
so if any one has any idea for me

I'm running windows XP pro SP3

tried this too if that might help

Get the user to unplug their network cable and then log into the system!
They will then be logged in with cached credentials.
Once logged in, plug the cable back in, and get them to restart the pc.
This should reset the time.
If this fails - repeat the process again - but this time get them to change the date to the current date when logged in and before the cable is plugged in.

Edited by dennisK16, 11 January 2011 - 07:43 PM.

Advertisements

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
problem solved

hello all,

i had to reboot a system due to some printer issues so after it did i tried to log back in to the network using the correct user name and password,
after pressing enter i ran in to this error message "The current time on this computer and the current time on the network are
different. For more information about Date/Time properties, see Help and
Support. To log on, Contact your system administrator".
so i logged in as a local Admin looked at the time and date they where both correct (maybe a couple seconds off but that shouldn't be a problem)
then rebooted the system and looked in the BIOS maybe the time was wrong there and again the time was correct.
rebooted the system again tried to log in as a user and the same error popped up.
so all the clocks are showing the same time and i still get that error message.....
I've never seen it before either and tried everything i could come up with
so if any one has any idea for me

I'm running windows XP pro SP3

tried this too if that might help

Get the user to unplug their network cable and then log into the system!
They will then be logged in with cached credentials.
Once logged in, plug the cable back in, and get them to restart the pc.
This should reset the time.
If this fails - repeat the process again - but this time get them to change the date to the current date when logged in and before the cable is plugged in.