Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows7 won't run my Quicken98!

• Please log in to reply

Tollerowner

Tollerowner

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I want to load Quicken98 on my W7 computer, but get an error message that it is a 32bit application and won't run on my 64bit operating system. I set it for Windows95 compatibility, but get the same message.

I am running Office97, which I presume is 32bit, as well as other old dogs. Any way to get Q98 to run?

It will run on the W98 I have in Virtual PC, but then I can't get to the files I have on my other computer; which is the whole idea.
Thanks.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Official verdict from Quicken:

"Older versions of Quicken, commonly referred to as the cash book product, don't work with Windows 7. The only Quicken package that is Windows 7 compliant is the current 2010/11 version. You need to purchase an upgrade to the 2010/11 product."

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Quicken 98 stopped working in Windows XP so it's realistically not going to work in anything newer than Windows 2000, it would appear.

Marc BLR

Marc BLR

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hello,

The following method works on my W7 64 bits version.

1. Open the CD with Explorer and find \win95\setup.exe

2. Launch it

3. Choose "custom installation" or something like this (I have a french version) and unselect "Internet Explorer 4.0" ( sic )

4 Finish the installation.

Quicken 98 should work