Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which MB connection for a single SATA?

• Please log in to reply

RVC

RVC

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have one SATA drive in my machine. Formerly it was connected to the MB at the SATA1 connection. Unfortunately I pulled the plastic part of the connector off leaving the bare pins on the MB exposed. I'm going to try to reinstall the platic part back over the pins. Failing that do I have to have a single SATA drive at the SATA1 connection or will any of the remaining connections work?

Thanks.

RVC

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Any should do, some motherboards have one sata port dedictated to dvd only but most should accept a hard drive in any sata port.

Make sure since you change the sata port location of your hd to go back in your BIOS to tell which hd to boot from.

RVC

RVC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thank you.

RVC