Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

office 2010 and bullet points

• Please log in to reply

dwellernet

dwellernet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

can anyone help, I have been trying and searching on how to do this for ages. When using bullet points and then sub bullet points, how can I end the sub points and go back to the same number original point? ie;

(1) first point

(2) second point
----(a) sub point 1
----(b) sub point 2
continue second point

(3) third point

so I want to finish text in bullet two after the sub points, is this possible?

Also is there any way to miss numbers? ie use bullet points 3, 4, 5 but then skip to 7?

Thanks for any support given in advance.

Edited by dwellernet, 14 January 2011 - 04:38 AM.

Advertisements

Vanessa13

Vanessa13

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi there,

MS Word sees what usually appears to be an item in a list as a paragraph that has a bullet or a number in front of it. To end the list, you can click 'body text', or, on the formatting toolbar, use 'styles' and 'normal' or 'body text'. You can also save the new style to your preferences, so you can use it easily every time you need to. To add a paragraph of text in between lists, you can turn the bullets off, type the paragraph, then turn the bullets on again.

To skip a number, you could hit enter twice after the last point, then place your cursor on the line you want it and hit delete until the new number is just below the previous one. Word will then see this as two different lists, not one, although I don't know of any way to stop it from starting at 1 or A again...

Hope that helps!

Edited by Vanessa13, 14 January 2011 - 05:17 AM.