Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless media defaults to backup drive

• Please log in to reply

marbleeyes

marbleeyes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am new and apologize if this has been answered someplace, but all of my searches couldn't find an answer.
First, I am pretty much computer illiterate. I purchased a Sony SMP N100 wireless media player to stream stuff like Netflix to my tv. I have a D-Link 655 wireless router and my desk top PC is running Windows Vista. The set up seems to be working, but when I try to access photos and video from my desktop pc, it seems to default to my Memeo backup drive and not my C drive where the items I want to access are stored.
When I set up the system, the media player did most of the work for the file sharing, I just kept clicking "OK". I'm using Windows Media Player 11, which is what the media player calls for. Is there some sort of setting in the media sharing window on my pc that will default it to my C drive and not my backup drive?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. If any more info is needed, let me know that as well. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, a Newbie.

Advertisements

marbleeyes

marbleeyes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
After some playing around, I figured out the answer. If anyone else has this problem, you need to go to the library tab in Media Player, click on "add files" and map the drive/folders you want to access.