Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video Problem please help

• Please log in to reply

carlos27

carlos27

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,
First off I would like to say I've visited this website many times for help and it always came trough. but today I have a problem that i've been trying to fix for the last couple of days with no luck. I am not a computer wizard so that's why im always on these forums.

ok,
I recently bought and installed a ati radeon HD 5670 video card.
all the drivers are up to date.

Everything worked fine for a few days. I then hooked up my computer to my tv via HDMI cable to view a video from my cpu to my tv. I dissconected it and everything still worked fine. The next day when I started up my computer my videos don't work on my computer. I just get sound and no video. And they all worked before. mp4's would work fine untill that. wmv's worked fine untill I did that. soo mp4's have no video but sound. and wmv's don't play anything. saying I need a codec when I have ace mega codecs installed on my computer and everything worked fine before.. also they way to make mp4's to work I would reduce my hardware acceleration from full to when it says " use this setting when havig problems with direct draw". (something like that). but when I put it back up to full where it would work fine before it goes back to the same problem... im sorry for blabbing on but just trying to explain in detail about everything because I am not that good with computers.. oh and my operating system is XP.

Thank you for your time, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Carlos

Advertisements

carlos27

carlos27

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone have any suggestions?