Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe Not working Properly.

• Please log in to reply

JamesB1

JamesB1

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello, well before i begin here is where i had help already and had all the scans already:
http://www.geekstogo...rking-properly/

So, as you see above my problem is that whenever i double click something in Windows Explorer I get an error saying explorer.exe as the title. And it saying,
"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, crate an association in the Default Programs control panel."
This happens if i try to explore music, videos, documents, everything really. Well i was hoping someone knew what the problem is. I can't seem to find it. And it is not malware or anything sense it was rolled out in the malware/virus forum. Please could anyone help me? Thank you.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Click the Windows Start Orb (extreme left of taskbar)

Click "Default Programs"

Click "Set your default programs"

JamesB1

JamesB1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
In there i selected windows explorer and set it as the default. But it still is not working.

JamesB1

JamesB1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Bump

JamesB1

JamesB1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I finally found a fix for my problem if anyone else has this problem here is a site that fixed it all for me :D

http://www.winhelpon...-for-windows-7/