Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft hard freezes

• Please log in to reply

Wow_safety

Wow_safety

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys i really need help. For the past couple months, whenever i run the game World of Warcraft my computer will instantly freeze upon logging into my character. The weird part is that after i do a manual restart and try again, i can make it into the game further and further. (For example the first time ill be able to play for 2 minutes before freezing, the second time i can play for 10 minutes and then freezes etc.) I have updated my audio and video drivers, deleted my Cache, interface and What the... folders for WOW in case of any corrupted files. I have completely reinstalled wow, but no luck. I think that it may be a hardware issue, so i tried running speed-fan in case of any temperature issues but again it was to no avail. My computer does not freeze when idling or running Firefox and i leave it on during the night now. It is not a memory issue because a friend of mine installed a new drive specifically for wow. When i am able to play the game, it runs very smooth (about 30 - 35 fps). I am stumped, and would greatly appreciate some advice/tips.

I'm not sure if this is any help, but i viewed one of the error reports after a freeze and it said there were 2 files involved...

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6f86.dir00\Mini02311-02.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6f86.dir00\sysdata.xml

Edited by Essexboy, 30 March 2011 - 12:23 PM.

Advertisements