Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitor, Dual Trouble

• Please log in to reply

Oldbert

Oldbert

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So im usually not a computer idiot, usually people around my town come to me for some advice. But this time i mess up horribly.

Graphics Card: Radeon Hd 4XXX
Monitor 1: Dell S2309W (White cord)
Monitor 2: Acer G185D (Blue Cord)
System Model: Inspiron 530s

Now here is what happend. I just got a new monitor to dual screen, and i jumped the gun. I immediatly just plugged my new monitor (monitor 2) into the blue slot. Which is in my Motherboard and not my graphics card (my graphics card only supports one white) and i know this is a totally stupid thing to do and i should have seen it. But now only the blue one will work and i cannot get my white one even back to working. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Go into the BIOS and see if there is an option to disable the onboard ("blue"/VGA) video. (The "white" is DVI).

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
First, there is no standard color coding so don't get tied up in referring to the connections as blue, white, or otherwise. Although blue and white are commonly used, I've seen orange, brown, and all white.

If SpywareDr's suggestion does not work, you may have to uninstall the drivers for your card, shut down and unplug the computer and remove the card, then power up again just with the on-board. Then start over with the installation of the card.

Does the card have two graphics ports - a DVI and a VGA? I note the Dell supports a digital input via DVI, but I can't find anything on that Acer. Are you sure of the model number?