Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exe programs wont run,and says the dependency service or group failed

• Please log in to reply

Wildcat12985

Wildcat12985

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been having a few issues with my laptop with various viruses, and I just downloaded MalwareBytes Anti Malware to help, which seemed to help, as well as CCleaner and ATF Cleaner. But now it seems like I have a corrupt registry or something, and every time I try and open an exe file (I cant run MBAM right now, and administrator cmd wont work, or my on screen keyboard, and I tried to download a registry cleaner but I cant open the install file) it wont let me run it, and on the bottom of the error message (e C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe ) it always says : The dependency service or group failed to start. I have been trying to find a solution and I normally can but I am totally at a loss. help would be so much appreciated!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Recommend starting here, with Step 2.