Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unkown webcam

• Please log in to reply

fireguy999

fireguy999

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi I wonder if I could get some help?

I have a webcam which works on my laptop, i want to install it on my desktop, but when i plug it in to my desktop it cuases it to restart, i'm guessing its a driver conflict issue as I used to use a digital camera as a webcam, I dont have the drivers for the webcam and so this leaves me a bit stuck, is there anyone who might be able to help me? as I dont know where to start...
Regards Neil

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Is there a name or number on the web cam?

fireguy999

fireguy999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Nope there is nothing at all ;-)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Download and run everest on your laptop whilst the web cam is connected, it may tell you what the device is called.
http://www.filehippo...d_everest_home/
There is other software such as belarc adviser, speccy and pcwizard2010 that do the same thing if everest doesn`t name it, just remove the programme in add/remove programmes when you are finished.

fireguy999

fireguy999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
No worries thanks I'll try that and see
Regards
Neil

fireguy999

fireguy999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Deleted due to typo

Edited by fireguy999, 29 January 2011 - 03:40 PM.

fireguy999

fireguy999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Ok well it seems to relate to ipassion, but I found this info before and installed it and now I have the restart issues when plugging in the cam, I did uninstall these drivers, I think..... What should I do next?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Uninstall the present drivers and disconnect the web cam, try the drivers from link/s below; http://www.emprex.co...ownload/G40.zip if no luck try here http://www.ipassion....mera/iP2936.htm
It is possible that there is a driver or device conflict and that is why you are having the issue.

NB: Only attach the camera after you have installed the drivers or if you get a screen message prompting you.

fireguy999

fireguy999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
well thank you matey, I uninstalled everything that was related to a webcam or imaging device and then installed the ipassion drivers and hey presto.

Thank you again.

Regards
Neil

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Congratulations on a successful resolution of your web cam issue I am happy you got it sorted ;) ;)
Thank you for allowing me to assist you and for posting your solution :D ;)

fireguy999

fireguy999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
No worries, thanks again :D