Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the blue screen has come and i don't know what to to do

• Please log in to reply

rupertdigby

rupertdigby

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
bluescreen only. can't get to safe mode pressing f8 screen. i don't think computer came with a XP cd. It's a dell inspiron e1505 ordered online many moons ago. i'll be checking the box it came in. i followed the directions in the spyware removal from gtg and the google redirect as well. the thing worked ok for most of the day. shut it down to get outside and when i restarted it looped from the dell screen to windows intro and maybe the black screen with a blue bar across the top that said dell. i tried then f8 and tried safe mode, safe mode net work, last configure. attempted the disable statement and then the blue screen got me.
what do i do if i can do anything but do do?

Advertisements

rupertdigby

rupertdigby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
forgot to mention that there is a OTL log on the spyware removal forum here

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
"The blue screen"? There is more than one, probably thousands.

To get into Safe mode, you have to start slowly tapping the [F8] key immediately after turning the computer on. If you see the "Windows intro" you're way too late. Turn it off and try again.

rupertdigby

rupertdigby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
hey that worked. thanks but do u have any ideas of what to do now? i have left the safe mode screen up.