Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant download, cant update flash player, cant watch youtube

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Did you unplug the cable modem power from the wall? Just turning it off won't do anything.

Advertisements

lavellej

lavellej

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi managed to connect via the cable, but no change on youtube. however when i now revert to wireless it took 4 or 5 times to even sign into this forum. ie after entering password and clicking log in it would just revert to the log in page again

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Hi,

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:Commands
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
This will clear you temporary internet files. You will have to log back into this website.

How long have you not been able to use youtube?

lavellej

lavellej

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi - fix ran as above and rebooted - nothing appears to have changed. still cant view videos and still getting script errors. problems have now been for 3 weeks

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Hi,

Could you please follow all of the steps here:

http://www.google.co...en&answer=56115

lavellej

lavellej

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi i will have to download tomorrow at work - i still cant download anything on this computer - message i get when i try and run the unistaller is' windows has found a problem with this file .... unknown publisher...file was blocked because it didnt have a valid digital signature' i can click ok through that and while it appears to complete nothing happens. If i save the download to my desktop and try and run again nothing appears to happen

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Can you take a screen shot of that error message? When the message pops up click the print screen button on your keyboard. Go to start -> all programs -> accessories -> paint. When it opens click on edit then paste. Save the photo and attach it here.

lavellej

lavellej

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok i managed to uninstall the old flash player but couldnt load the updated flash player - when i tried to run it from an external drive the programme froze then it disappeared from my hard drive?! i also attach the screen shot

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
I don't see the picture. Can you try attaching it again?

lavellej

lavellej

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hopefully this time - im having trouble with the scriptADOBE.png

Advertisements

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Hi,

Thanks for the screen shot. Try following the steps below.

Method 1:

To run a particular application that doesn’t have a valid Digital signature follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the file or program that you are not able to access.

2. Go to properties and click “Unblock”.

3. Try to run the application again.

Method 2:

Follow the steps mentioned below to unblock the files that do not have a valid digital signature to load on your system.

1. Click on start button.

2. Type “Internet Explorer” in the “Start Search Box” and select it from the menu.

3. Click on “Tools” in the menu bar and select “Internet Options”.

4. Click on “Advanced tab” and locate “Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid” under the “Security” category and check the box.

5. Click Apply and then Ok.

6. Close the Internet Explorer and restart Internet Explorer.

lavellej

lavellej

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi - i cant seem to download the latest flash player to an external drive from another computer. so i followed the second point you mentioned regarding digital signatures and if i try and download the latest flash now on this computer i get the pop up messgae 'to protect your security internet explorer stopped this site from installing an activex control on your computer. i can click ok through that to install the add on - and then through the publisher cannot be verified message by pressing install but nothing seems to download

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
The direct download link is here: http://fpdownload.ad...h_player_ax.exe

Try downloading from that file and installing it on the computer.

lavellej

lavellej

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi thanks. yes i managed to install the latest version and confirmed that is what i have - however still cant run youtube (or download)

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Is your computer running normal? Are there any other problems, or it is just youtube.