Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

strange file

• Please log in to reply

loststoner

loststoner

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Posted Image

Advertisements

loststoner

loststoner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
can anyone tell me what the files marked in red are.they worry me.

Disruption

Disruption

Geek in Training

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Have you tried scanning them at VirusTotal?

It seems quite odd to be there. I checked my computer and those are not located there. The only thing I can think of is that it's a CLSID of a registered program.

-Disruption

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
A little Google searching is helpful here. The two files ending in extension .cpx are valid Microsoft files. See the list here. _Wkernel.fre has been scanned multiple times at places like Virustotal, and has always come back clean, although I can't determine what it is. I don't think the other two items are malicious, although I can't tell exactly what they are. If you're really concerned that you're infected, then you need to read this and start a new topic in the malware forum - this is not the forum for asking about suspicious files.

loststoner

loststoner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for your awnsers.i think they might be connected to age of empires 3.the 2 first to files r hidden.cant find any problems related to them on my pc,but sometimes when i connect to the internet the game will start automaticly.antivirus and mallware scans always turn up clean.dont seem to be infected.can someone pls move this thread to the appropiate forum.