Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista is being silly

• Please log in to reply

SlightlyVexed

SlightlyVexed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright. I'm faced with a truly vexing quandry:
I have a vista machine, that I both love AND need to maintain anything resembling decent communication with my friends back home

This machine has been acting foolish recently.
I use the machine for video games, and adobe suite systems.
Whenever I go into an adobe program(such as illustrator, or photoshop), the computer is fine. When I go into 3d Max? the computer is fine. I watch movies? fine.
I play World of Warcraft? Fine

I try to play ANY other game(dragon age, Lord of the Rings Online, Champions Online(I just tested what I have availabe), and the computer freezes up, the sound starts playing a loop of whatever was playing over the last half-second that the computer was running, and I stop getting a signal to the monitor. I then have to restart the computer, or it's stuck in an infinite-y loop.
So...in summation: what is it that WoW doesn't have, my drawing programs don't have, and the games that I try to play DO have?
Inquiring minds are going through withdrawl here.

it's not the END of the world, and if I'm going to be honest, it is doing wonders for my gpa, but at the same time, I really, really want to do the whole "video game" thing again.

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Have you run antivirus and antimalware programs?

http://www.microsoft...ity_essentials/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/