Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Installer Error, PLEASE HEP

• Please log in to reply

Boomer111

Boomer111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not the biggest computer techie so bare with me please.

Alright, so I just got this computer about a week ago and would really really really appreciate any help for this problem.
I had java on my computer for gaming and such, and I got an error 1723 on it (the error you get when you have more than 1 types of java or just an incomplete java file which causes it so that you can't un-install newer versions of java or you cant replace older versions of java)
Anyways, after a long time of searching through the internet, I found a solution on this website which is why im posting my new problem here. The solution was to go into Register Keys and delete anything related to java, and so I did (took a really long time but i was determined) and after that, everything related to java was deleted so I tried installing java again but when I did an error came up with the windows installer.

“The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available"

And then when I click cancel this pops up

"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

So, I assume that the problem has to do with the windows installer now because when I try to install anything this pops up now

"Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I've tried to install windows installer again but that same message keeps popping up,

Please guys, I'd really appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Edited by Boomer111, 01 February 2011 - 04:53 PM.

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Have a look at these directions:

http://support.micro....com/kb/2438651