Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP Banned From Website

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

HeyItsJJ

HeyItsJJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I was IP Banned from a website. Over a dispute with the site moderator. I have asked to be let back in but he won't answer my messages. Is there any way to get around this? When I click on the website it diverts me to a log in page, where I can enter any single account but it still says I am banned. On a normal computer it will just direct you to where you want to go, not ask you to log in. What can I do, any way to fool with my computer to fix this? Thanks Guys

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hello,

If you were banned from a forum, then there was obviously a reason for this. Sometimes a ban may be a temporary thing other times it maybe permanent. If you've already contacted the administrative staff then there really isn't anything else that you can do, except wait for a reply from them. This is the only solution we will provide to you.

We here at Geeks To Go cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of the Geeks To Go site that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the TOS of this site.

Please Note: This thread has been reported to the Moderator and Administrative team, and one of them should be by shortly to lock this thread.

If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin.

Edited by SweetTech, 02 February 2011 - 11:58 AM.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
from this sites terms of use:

<LI>We cannot help you get around any administrative restrictions imposed on a school, work or other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): website blocking/filtering, software installation, email retention, software configuration, network/internet usage, network configuration, forum or chat room restrictions, game server restrictions, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question.<LI>

I doubt that you will get any help with that here.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Topic closed.