Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Menu

• Please log in to reply

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Is it possible to change the fonts on the all programs start menu? Have gone the path right clikc desktop
properties
appearance
advanced
desktop - have tried all options listed but nothing changes the menu listing re fonts,
bold etc.

Appreciate any help anyone can give. Sometimes the listing will only be partially on the site so that font changes might alter this.

Advertisements

Gambit66

Gambit66

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Right click the bar at the bottom of your screen, the start menu bar. right click on it in the blue space, and select properties. then start menu tab, then click customize

Edited by Gambit66, 04 February 2011 - 01:48 PM.

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Thanks for your advise - followed it through but it did not change anything on my start menus all programs listing. Tried big icons and small icons but everything remained the same. So unless I am missing something - not sure where to turn now.

Gambit66

Gambit66

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Make sure after you select Big icons, click OK,, then Apply on the next screen...Maybe restart computet after that.

If nothing changes,, you can go into desk top properties, and click on the appearance tab, then look for font size and select either normal, large or extra large... As for style click on advanced tab...I`m not sure which one is for the start menu font...

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Have done all as you stated and still nothing changes. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Also have been that path of right click desktop, then properties, appearance etc. Have used that many many times for changing many items on my PC but nothing there affects the start menu. At times have taken each item on the desktop listing there and still nothing seems to affect the start menu. So unless I am missing something, am still at a loss how to change the start menu fonts.

Thanks so much for trying to help though. Do appreciate your effort.s

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
http://www.answerbag.../q_view/2094836

?

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
have not tried this path - will do so and return to hopefully report success!

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Followed your path and discovered this is what I have been doing all along. It surely does changed all the drop down menus but at least on my PC did NOT change any of the start menu setting. Maybe it can not be changed. But thanks for all your time and effort - the support is helpful even though it seemingly did not work.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
You may be right, it may not be able to be changed:

http://forums.techar...ort/1027646.htm

?

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Again thank you for your time. Nice to know someone took an interest to try to help.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
No problem. :D