Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thermaltake Kandalf

• Please log in to reply

DalaiLama

DalaiLama

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
[sorry, posted this in the wrong place before]

My office faces the side of the building where the sun sets. As a result, the room gets much warmer in the afternoon at which point the fans in my PC kick in and get really loud.

I've read a lot about the Thermaltake Kandalf. Specifically that it is very good with cooling and relatively quiet.

i was thinking of purchasing it, but decided to see what other thought first.

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
Might help if we knew what you are trying to cool. Is this a TRS80 or a dual XEON?

:tazz:

DalaiLama

DalaiLama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sorry,

I've got a
- P4 3.2
- CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB)
- 3 SATA hard drives
- ATI Radeon 9800XT
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2
- plus the usual (floppy, CD/DVD, etc.)

The case is "RAIDMAX ATX-868WUP Blue Steel Gaming Case Computer Case 420W Power Supply"

I've got a fan in each of the available slots of the raidmax case.

You can see the fan locations here:
http://images10.newe...-156-137-07.JPG

and here
http://images10.newe...-156-137-06.JPG

I use graphics intensive programs and have been known to play a game or two.

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
Well, I have to confess - you just introduced me to something new. Thank you. I thought this was a new CPU cooler and I'm pretty familiar with Thermaltake's product line. Their Silent Boost is one of my favorites.

From what I can tell this sure looks like a fine product but you're going to need some feedback from someone who has one and in that regard, I'm unqualified. I do prefer aluminum cases for cooling charactersitics and aesthetics and use them for most all of my high end builds.