Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp athgina.dll

• Please log in to reply

TheDuck

TheDuck

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a hp windows xp professional that is currently missing the athgina.dll . When I boot my system, after the 'load' window, I receive an error message. Message ' The logon user interface DLL athgina.dll failed to load. Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore the original DLL.'. I have not been able to get past this message.

Advertisements

NYY19113

NYY19113

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm currently facing the same problem. I can't even enter safe mode because it just restarts again.

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
http://support.toshi.../-TSB001137.htm
Hi to both of you -
This link was posted here about 2 months ago, it seemed to help the users then, even though this related to Toshiba -
Please post back with any results -

Thank You -
EDIT - An older link that also seems to work -
http://dougknox.com/...ix_xp_logon.htm

Edited by noknojon, 19 March 2011 - 07:02 PM.

NYY19113

NYY19113

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

The links don't work for me because I need to be able to enter Windows in order to complete those directions. If I can somehow get into Windows, then I'm home free by using either of those links.
Thank you though

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
@ NYY19113 -
>> I can't even enter safe mode because it just restarts again.<<
At what point will the restart occur - Do you see the running Blue line at the XP logon stage -
Do you have, or can you get a XP CD ? ?

@ TheDuck -
Has either of the items been a help yet ? ?

Edited by noknojon, 20 March 2011 - 02:57 AM.

NYY19113

NYY19113

• Pip
  • 4 posts
After I click safe mode, the screen fills up with lines of word files. Then the whole screen turns bright blue for a second before turning off.
No, I don't have an XP cd. I'm going to try to find it online somewhere. Do you know what I should type in search? I think it should be something like, "XP rebootable cd"

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Then the whole screen turns bright blue for a second before turning off.

• Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

NYY19113

NYY19113

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I see "Disable automatic restart on system failure" so I clicked it. The computer doesn't restart on its own, so I just click "restart" where I should be getting the Welcome screen. It doesn't seem to be working though because after the restart, I click safe mode but, it still restarts.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try restarting in Normal mode. If you did the steps correctly when the blue screen shows up it should stop so you can see if it says anything.