Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help finidng new Host

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Recently I have decided to move away from my current host, Mochahost, and I am looking for input/suggestions.

This past month the site has been offline far too often. Recently a server crash actually destroyed a good portion of our MySQL databases.

The site is written in ASP, so I need a windows Host.

Some components I need with the site are ASP, PHP, MySQL, MS SQL.

I can't afford Dedicated hosting, but I'm not planning on being too cheap with this.

I have 4 domains that I will host on the service.

I've taken a look at GoDaddy's New 4GH packages, and they look promising, but I don't want to rush into anything.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions or Comments. Windows Hosting is a must though, even though Linux Servers are more stable, ASP requires a Windows Host.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Uh-oh...I've been shopping for a more reliable host and Mochahost made the top three in the cut. Do you mind telling me a little more about your problems with them?
Johanna

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
i use godaddy

BSI

BSI

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I have used hostgator for some time, I like the linux hosting version but they do have windows hosting available so take a look and see what you think. Customer service has been great and I especially like the chat customer service so I can work on the issue while chatting online with them.