Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless network

• Please log in to reply

bestali

bestali

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

Attached Thumbnails

• 3.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 1.jpg

Advertisements

bestali

bestali

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem !!!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Hello.
Welocme to Geeks to Go.
You have posted in XP and your O/S is shown as XP.
Is it XP please confirm.

I responded to reassure you that your post had been seen.

That said, I do NOT have a definite answer for you, but I am reasonably certain some one will come in on the thread who has.

I do have some general ideas

1. ARE YOU CERTAIN that no other applications - outlook, messenger, etc. DO NOT have this strange behaviour.
2. Since this occurred, if you KNOW when it was check your restore points to see if you have them. Just check to ensure they are there.
3. I realise you say you have REINSTALLED the adaptor driver, but if by some chance the driver was NOT an english driver update, then you are of course reinstalling the foreign language driver.
4. In respect of that I would go to the site of the manufacturer for the wireless adaptor OR the particular computer site ie: Dell etc and download a driver you KNOW to be in ENGLISH. I would then uninstall the present one and ENSURE by manual selection that the ENGLISH one is the one you are installing.
5. I CANNOT see that this is applicable but whilst you are examining the possibilities I would go Control Panel and check that Regional and Language options have all settings to English.
6. I would also go Control Panel Event Viewer and on Application I would check the Microsoft Installer entries - that is MsiInstaller - for the record of any installation around the time in question.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 13 February 2011 - 02:04 PM.

bestali

bestali

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello.

First of all thanks a lot for the reply!

yes my OS is Windows XP service pack 3
yes no other applications outlook, messenger, etc. DO NOT have this strange behavior.
I REINSTALL this adopter Driver from my Laptop driver CD and its in English language.

One thing i forget to mention earlier is that the software of "Intel®PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network"
is working fine but when i want to use Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC), then this problem occurred :D

yes i have checked that Regional and Language options have all settings to English.
and all other things are fine.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Make and model of computer please is it an HP?

bestali

bestali

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
its DELL PRECISION M60

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Reference to your first image which you say is in English, the word Association is NOT as it is asociacion.
I have to admit I am perplexed.
Check the settings please on the TP link. I think it is completely unconnected with the Intel.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 13 February 2011 - 03:10 PM.