Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Installation Problems

• Please log in to reply

A1RotNBrat

A1RotNBrat

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I recently installed Java Update 23. My computer was working fine prior to installing it. After installing it, I would be in a game, such as pogo, or on Facebook and my entire computer screen would go black and the computer would shut down. So I uninstalled Java and have been trying to reinstall it. However, I cannot get it to reinstall. I am using IE8 and it does not recognize that I have Java on my computer. It gives me the option to download it. So I go to the Java website, download it and it runs all the way through, but then gives me a Java Setup error saying "this software has already been installed on your computer. Would you like to reinstall it?" I click yes and then I get this Windows Installer error "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I have tried saving the application in a different location and running it through the website as well. Either way it keeps giving me these errors. I uninstalled it with RevoUnistaller and removed all the components from it, but it still will not let me reinstall. I've tried doing a system restore and that didn't work either. I am using Windows XP SP3 with IE8 and have Kapersky Antivirus. I've also ran a complete "thorough" virus scan with Kapersky and nothing was detected. I am out of options at this time, so any help is greatly appreciated. I am posting a Hijack this logAttached File  hijackthis.log   9.3KB   144 downloads and a MWB log Attached File  mbam-log-2011-02-11 (10-38-12).txt   902bytes   146 downloadsfor you to review. THANKS for your help!!

Advertisements