Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP just not right

• Please log in to reply

csgmail1

csgmail1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We purchased a HP C309a All in one, made connections, installed software from cd that was included. Everything worked great for a few weeks until I got windows updates. After that the HP icon disappeared and hasn't been seen since. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, no change. I worked with HP live support(ha-ha)several times. I was told that something happened to the drivers and to download new drivers, no change. Live support ran me in circles for hours, no change. I have spent hours on my own trying to figure this out, no change. I can use the HP by itself for copies, faxes and some limited photo functions but it's difficult on a 2" screen and many functions that I once had are not available anymore. When first connected I could operate all of the functions for the HP from my computer screen. Now it seems like the computer doesn't "recognize" the HP. On several occasions I got a box saying "parsing error on C" (whatever that means). Even after uninstalling, all the HP programs still show in "add or remove" programs. When I try to remove, it won't let me and refers me to HP help. I'm not a computer genius and I've tried everything I can thing of. I'm fed up and frustrated. I just want this thing to work like it did when we got it. Any HELP will be appreciated.....P..L..E..A..S..E.

Edited by csgmail1, 13 February 2011 - 03:41 PM.

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi -
If you want to start from the begining you can use Revo Uninstaller (free) to remove it from Add/Remove -
Remove (unplug) the printer first -

Just a few basics that HP help should have gone over already, and you may have listed -
When you open Control Panel > Printers and Faxes , is the HP listed with a tick still -
When you open (click on) the HP printer, is the first item ticked (use as Default printer) -
Is the unit operating fully (normally), but it is only the computer screen settings that can not be seen -
Can you recall (or look up by dates) the M/soft updates that were installed that may have caused a problem -
From memory I had 7 or 9 M/soft updates this month on my XP -

Thank You -
EDIT -
Can you use Programs > HP. . . . settings at all -

Edited by noknojon, 14 February 2011 - 09:18 PM.