Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont start

• Please log in to reply

ajay011

ajay011

• Pip
  • 1 posts
With a Pentium 4 Computer already in use I decided to re-use the old Pentium 3 Computer with following specs:

The P3 Computer has a on board BUILT IN Date Stamp 11/02/01 (2001)
384MB RAM ( 256MB + 128MB )
40GB HDD
On Board Intel Graphics Video card
CD-RW Drive
KeyBoard (USB), Mouse (USB)

With a replacement of the dead CMOS Battery, the Computer ran smoothly just a few days ago and prompted for the Disk Drive(I had no HDD then). I then added the 40GB HDD yesterday and started the Computer only to find the Computer automatically getting inside the BIOS with the newly bought USB KeyBoard unusable no lights, nothing in the keyboard.
I know that the absence of lights in KeyBoard could mean a dead Computer Board, but it was the same just few days ago too.

But after some minutes of rest and a try, the Monitor was not displaying any thing. The light of the Monitor keeps blinking and its' the old Pentium 3 Computer has a Slot which is incompatible with newer Graphics Card(Graphics Card after 2001). It has the old Graphics Card Slot which is useless now.

I tried changing the Power Supply, the CMOS Battery, removing a slot of RAM, etc but nothing worked. After some hours, I also unplugged the HDD, the CD-RW Drive, but nothing worked.

And now after nearly 7 hours, the Computer itself doesnot start and the Wires are just untouched so I don't know what caused it to be unstartable. And also, the fan tends(tries) to move on pressing the power button and stops within some quarter of a second. The fan moves just a very little bit now which worked perfectly just a few days ago.

I know that the P3 Computer is nearly 10 years old(from Manufacture Date). But was could be found working and healthy just a few days ago.

Thanks......................................................

Edited by ajay011, 13 February 2011 - 06:04 PM.

Advertisements