Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP out of box

• Please log in to reply

Chad84720

Chad84720

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Bought XP, installed, tried to instal codec pack. Reads as invalid windows. There was a problem with original key. Windows gave me another.

Advertisements

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
if microsoft gave you another key than isn't the issue resolved ?? i am not sure i realy understand your post it seems to be a statment rather than a request for help

Edited by mikeloeven, 16 February 2011 - 11:57 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Chad84720

I agree with the post by "mikeloeven"

Please see this from the Welcome Guide
Post your Question Enter a short but descriptive title. Help us to help you! Use meaningful titles and descriptions, NOT just "help me". Describe your issues fully. List any issues and relevant error messages. Detailed posts get better (and faster) replies. For additional help on posting, click here.

Additionally if this

Windows gave me another.

means that YOU SAY that Microsoft gave you another key. I suggest if it still reports Windows as invalid. You recontact Microsoft.

That said and please do not think I am pre-judging the issue, perhaps your next point of reference is the person who sold you XP, if it was as your post tends to suggest a recent purchase.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 16 February 2011 - 12:22 PM.