Unable to use google chrome and firefox
Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:02 PM
Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:42 AM
. My name is Michael and I am here to help you fix your computer.
If you have already received help elsewhere please inform me so that this topic can be closed.
If you haven't, please keep reading:
Note: Before we start the process you should:
- POST your logs, don't attach them, as it makes it harder to read.
- Save or print these instructions as a part of the fix will be in safe mode where you will not be able to access the internet.
- Disable ANY programs that offer real-time protection features while executing my instructions. That includes your antivirus, antispyware, windows defender or any other program that offers protection. When you're clean or waiting for my next set of instructions, re-enable them .If you need any help disabling them, ask.
- Each time I instruct you to download a file to use it, please do it even if I have told you before to download it again. This is because these tools are frequently updated to detect newer infections.
- Last, as most of the tools we use here need administrative rights in order to function properly, I expect that you will be running them from an administrator account.
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click on Minimal Output at the top
- Download the following file scan.txt to your Desktop. Click here to download it. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
- Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
- A window will appear saying "Click Ok to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
- Click the Ok button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
- Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.
Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.
- Double click GMER.exe.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"
- Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOTKIT" entries
Please copy and paste the report into your Post.
Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:46 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users