Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lexmark x1270 driver

• Please log in to reply

babyfaceassassin

babyfaceassassin

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
i got 1 windows xp media center 32-bit and 1 windows 7 home premium 64 bit. last time im using my lexmark x1270 on my windows xp media center but i reformatted it and install my backup image. but the image backup doesnt have the driver of my printer. now i cant use my printer. im trying to find a driver for my windows xp media center and for my new windows 7 of my lexmark x1270. maybe im not good on searching i just dont know why i cant find it. i went to lexmark website then click the printer drivers and softwares link, after that it ask for my printer model i type lexmark x1270. then i cant find the drivers. im not sure if i still need to do something here. i noticed there are 4 tabs there download,top articles,manuals and warranty but i dont think it has something to do with drivers. below it there is recommended downloads but when i click that it says: Complete drivers and software for setting up, configuring, and using your device with Windows 32-bit. and at the bottom it says download when i click that there is a popup where i will right click and allow to download but nothing happens. to those who have time and knows and done a lot of driver download pls help me. thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE then below where it says Recommended Downloads click on Driver for Windows 2000, XP, and Server 2003. A new window will open with the correct driver.

babyfaceassassin

babyfaceassassin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi rshaffer61 i downloaded it but what could be the reason why its like incomplete or the driver wasnt downloaded with it. becoz it got yellow exclamation point of device manager. thanks for helping

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Once you download it the file is a exe file. You need to click on it and then it will install the driver. Take note where it installs to and if the device manager still shows a yellow exclamation mark then right click on that and go to update driver. When it asks where to look point it to where the driver was installed and it should find it. If all goes right then yellow exclamation mark will now go away.

babyfaceassassin

babyfaceassassin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi rshaffer61 thanks for helping. i got the driver installed but why when i try to print it says the printer cannot communicate with the computer??? i check in device manager and it looks ok. i tried to test print test page and it says cannot communicate with the computer as well. i tried to scan something and it scan. what could have i done wrong? thanks. btw congratulation i think you got promoted :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you and yes I was promoted a couple of days ago.
With it came more responsibility so I keep busy Moderating my forums.
Now with your lexmark I'm sure it is connected through the usb correct?
Try this and see if it corrects the issue.
Disconnect the printer from the computer. Now reboot and once windows has finished loading reconnect the printer. Does the little window pop up saying New Hardware Found?
Try the printer now and let me know if it works.
If not try another usb connection.

babyfaceassassin

babyfaceassassin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
i did disconnect the printer then reboot but the problem still persist. gonna buy i new cable to try. gonna update you if i get one. thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The USB cable could be damaged or faulty.
Try replacing the cable and also try a different USB connection on your computer. There have been documented times when one connection will not see the device but changing it to one of the other usb connections the device will suddenly start working.