Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Card Conflict Vista Atheros Talktalk

• Please log in to reply

jgallinzx

jgallinzx

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
HI,

I am having issues with my laptop wireless card and a talktalk router.

My laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ60 with an atheros 5007 wireless card. The router is one of talktalk's new ones - a huawei model. I am running Windows vista home basic with the latest service pack.

It always used to connect to the old router but have had problems since the new router arrived. It was mostly stable but then dropped out on a few occasions. Now it connects to the router showing signal but there is no connection from the router to the internet (according to my Network and Sharing Centre map). My iPhone connects to the router with no problem at all, my wii also connects with no trouble at all. My laptop picks up other networks in the area and connects to BT Openzone. Also connects to my dad's wireless network and others.

I have tried all of windows "Repair suggestion" but no change. I tried to upgrade the wireless card driver which also made no difference. Just before it stopped working altogether there were some windows updates. I have done a system restore to return to a point before the updates but no change there either. I have run scans with AVG - nothing there either but there is no connection to download latest updates.

I can continue using my iphone to answer any replies on here and could get my computer to a wireless network within 24 hours.

Let me know if you wish to know anymore - I'd be more than happy - before my laptop flies out the window in frustration lol

Many Thanks

Julie

Advertisements