Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor turns on then seconds later turns off

• Please log in to reply

rhymin

rhymin

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi, I have
2 of these video cards: XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
One of my monitors is a Samsung Syncmaster T240 24 inch. My other is a 24 inch Westinghouse.
I have them both plugged into the same video card as I have crossfire running. Last night I just turned my monitors off (not my pc), then when I woke up today, I turned them both on, but the samsung, only stayed on for a few seconds (screen had a really dark tint) then it turns off. And it does this everytime I turn it on. I am stumped.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Have you tried swapping the ports around to see if the Samsung works ok in the port that the Westinghouse is hooked up to and vice versa, what happens, also have you tried connecting to the second card, be sure to power down and remove the power cord from the wall when swapping connections as a residual charge may be left in the system.

rhymin

rhymin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Yes, tried this.

After further research, it seems to be a problem that many Samsung monitors are having.

I contacted the manufacturer, and they want me to send it to them for repairs, they pay for shipping, parts, and labor, so I'm gonna go ahead and do that.

Thank you for your time, as it's highly appreciated.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for posting back and good luck.