Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Acrobat 9

• Please log in to reply

paulsiam

paulsiam

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
using XP Pro SP3. and Adobe Acrobat 9. My question is about Acrobat.
Some pdf files, when i open them, i can use the "select text" tool and then copy whatever text i want to my documents -- as text (so that I can edit the words if I want). In other pdf files, when i click the select text tool, it comes up as a small cross, and I can drag it across the pdf text, but the only option is "copy image". When I paste that in my document, it is an image and so I cannot edit the text. Is there some way i can get around this problem without having to get software to convert the whole document to word? and be able to copy the pdf text as text?
Thanks
Paul

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
A PDF document can optionally have various levels of protection applied to it by the author.
One of these options is "Editing - Not Allowed". Such a document, or any part of it, can only be copied as an image.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 03 March 2011 - 05:15 AM.