Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where do I get Roxio Key from

• Please log in to reply

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Everyone, Recently my graphics card burnt out, and took the mother board with it. I got the card and motherboard replaced by a friend, but he said it wouldn't boot up, so he reinstalled Vista. Originally, I had Roxio on the computer to burn CD/DVD's, this is now missing. I downloaded the program from their website, but its a 30 day trial, and I have contacted them, but they are missing the point, they keep telling me I have to buy it. I don't want to buy it again, when it was free with computer, is there any way round this, or another free program I can use. I have recovery discs for the computer, will it be on there, how do I find the program/install it. Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is this a brand name system like Dell or HP?
Is the mobo the same exact one you had before?
When your friend installed Vista did he use the installation disk that came with your system or did he use his own?
If he used his own did he use the exact same version, sp number and type as yours?
OEM, Retail or upgrade?
It sounds like the was a preinstallation of your OS and that is why Roxio was included.

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi, its a HP Compaq with Vista and Roxio preinstalled, so no instalation disc and the disk he used was his, so I don't know if it had the same sp number and type. Sorry, what is a mobo?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Mobo is the motherboard.
Did you receive a cd of drivers and\or installed software?

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Yes, the motherboard is the same, he got serial numbers ect from the original, and had to send away for one, so its the same. I haven't got/never had any discs, everything was on the PC from new

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this one HERE
It's small and uses less resources then Roxio. Compatible with everything almost..Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/2008/Win7 (x86 / x64)
We suggest it alot here and I use it on my own systems here.

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi, thanks for the link, I have installed the program, but not used it yet. I sent a reply to Roxio, telling them I didn't want to buy the program, just re-install it without paying again, but its been a week now, and no reply, so it looks like they want me to buy it, so I'll just use the one from your link, thanks again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great let us know what you think of the program after you have used it.
:D :D