Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashed and Mozilla Fox wont work

• Please log in to reply

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

I reinstalled Mozilla Fox and I checked the box Launch Mozilla Fox. The window won't open. Therefore, I manually opened Mozilla Fox and no luck D:

Are you getting any kind of error message at all or is it just not opening?

not opening

Advertisements

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Now rshaffer61 is much more knowledgeable then me so be sure to take his advice over mine however I noticed a reference in one dump to Ready Boost and in another to memory management error. In my windows 7 machine ready boost allowed me to attach a USB flash drive for extra memory, is that something you have been doing? If yes then I'm wondering if the fault could be there.
Note: to rshffer61 if I'm more of a hinderence then a help just tell me, I wont be offended.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope even the best miss things once in awhile. :D
If you are correct then disconnect the flash drive and reboot the system. Does the problem still happen then?

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
If i remembererd correctly,

on MArch 5th, i didn't use my USB. i clicked on mozilla fox and it crashed on me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you disconnect it and any other USB besides a kb and mouse, then reboot to see if the issue still happens.

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Did you disconnect it and any other USB besides a kb and mouse, then reboot to see if the issue still happens.

I don't understand this step. How do I even disconnect my flash drive? is there like a little icon saying that its safe to remove this hardware?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There should be or you can open Windows Explorer...Right click on the flash drive and you should be given the option to safely remove from there.

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

There should be or you can open Windows Explorer...Right click on the flash drive and you should be given the option to safely remove from there.

correct me if I'm wrong. I just right clicked IE, right? I don't see that option. I even right clicked firefox and all I see was open, open file location, run as admin, etc.

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
also im sincerely sorry for this matter because it must be annoying to solve this issue since it's taking too long ><.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

also im sincerely sorry for this matter because it must be annoying to solve this issue since it's taking too long ><.

Nope I have had topics that have been 10 times this amount of posts before we finally got to the root of the issue.

correct me if I'm wrong. I just right clicked IE, right? I don't see that option. I even right clicked firefox and all I see was open, open file location, run as admin, etc.

You have the wrong program. Open Windows Explorer not IE
On the left side scroll down till you see your Flash Drive and then Right Click on the drive.
In the little window there should be the option to Safely Remove there and just click on that.
If that doesn't show then down on the bottom right of your screen next to the clock there should be a icon that when you put your mouse on it will say Safely Remove this device. Click on that and follow the prompts.

Advertisements

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Try Windows Explorer which is part of your operating system as opposed to Internet Explorer.

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Nope I have had topics that have been 10 times this amount of posts before we finally got to the root of the issue.

You have the wrong program. Open Windows Explorer not IE
On the left side scroll down till you see your Flash Drive and then Right Click on the drive.
In the little window there should be the option to Safely Remove there and just click on that.
If that doesn't show then down on the bottom right of your screen next to the clock there should be a icon that when you put your mouse on it will say Safely Remove this device. Click on that and follow the prompts.

oh i get you now. However, when I used a laptop I don't used a mouse and I don't see a safety removal icon next to my clock.

sorry for responding a day late.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that notice won't show up for a mouse or a kb that is usb. Only for a usb flash drive.

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Oh Sorry. I read your direction wrong, but I don't see my usb flash drive because I didn't plug anything in my usb port.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok so there is no usb device other then mouse and\or key board?