Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsofr UAA HD Audio Bus Driver

• Please log in to reply

andycake

andycake

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have a problem where the Microsoft UAA HD Audio Bus driver is in conflict with something. Excuse my ignorance but I don't know with what.

The Device Manager shows a Code 12 error - conflict with another device.

My system is Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz - 2GB of RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4550 (recently changed)
Creative SB Audigy Zs (WDM)

Yjis conflict does not appear to be affecting anything that I can see, but I don't want it to make something else go wrong.

Hope someone can give me some advice.

Many thanks
Andrew

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Do you mean you are getting no audio?
Try going into the Device Manager, right click on the Microsoft UAA HD Audio Bus uninstall it.

andycake

andycake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for the reply.

The strange thing is the audio is fine. There is a HDMI socket on the video card which I haven't checked to see if that works, but no change to any audio.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Your GFX card has its own ◦HDMI output support
•Supports all display resolutions up to 1920x10802
•Integrated HD audio controller with up to 2 channel 48 KHz stereo or multi-channel (7.1) AC3 enabling a plug-and-play cable-less audio solution4, this is what is most likely conflicting with the Microsoft UAA HD Audio Bus.
Disable the Microsoft UAA HD Audio Bus as suggested rather than attempting to uninstall the GFX cards audio, the error should then disappear.