Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setup is unable to find a hard disk location for temp files

• Please log in to reply

TecHNieK

TecHNieK

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a new laptop, it has 250gb free and tried running the setup.exe as administrator and still getting "setup is unable to find hard disk location to store temporary files. make atleast 0KB of free disk space available and then try running again" or something like that. im trying to install an old game that is still compatible with vista. AVG is also stating that the uninst.exe is a virus.... PLZ HELP!!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

AVG is also stating that the uninst.exe is a virus.... PLZ HELP!!

Where did the game come from a store or did you download it from a site and if so what site?

TecHNieK

TecHNieK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I know the game isn't a virus I bought it from a store, its old though. I got this same game back when I had windows 98 and I installed and played it fine, about 8 years ago on my old Compaq desktop. Now on vista its giving me issues. I read that I have to rename the uninst.exe to uninst.old to fix the issue is this true and if so how? Its a CD not a download

TecHNieK

TecHNieK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
never mind i found out what the problem was. AVG was preventing me from installing it, after i disabled the resident shield it worked perfect

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear and I am glad you got it figured out.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your issue and I wish you the best now that you can install and play your game.
Thank you for choosing GTG for help with your issue and please enjoy the rest of the forums.