Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

usb's again? help?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: well I posted here before,but lost all my resposnes..I installed sp2 onhere,win xp pro,dell 4550..now none of the usb's will work,,in device manager it says there are 4 of them..thre is also 4 unknown devices which it cannot find a driver for..I remove the unknown's but when I reboot it finds them again...anyone know a sure fire method to get my usb'sback gain...many million thanks.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Greetings and welcome to Geeks to Go! Sounds like you need the drivers for the usb controller. You should be able to get them from Dells web site. Go to their support page and search for drivers for your particular model.