Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Flash sound in any browser sound works fine in windows

• Please log in to reply

D.BRINGER

D.BRINGER

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello i really need help im pretty tech savvy and computer smart i build computers for fun but,I am at wits end with this thing.First of all this all started about friday when i went to sleep i turned the pc off working decent.Firefox was locking up my pc randomly i didnt think anything of it i just thought i was overloading it so i said wth, then it was doing it more and more so i decided to upgrade to firefox beta 4,thats when all the trouble happened.I used it that night and the next day working fine no lockups, i turn my computer off for the night and bam,i turn it back on in the morning its locking up horribly bad i cant do anything on this thing,so i turn it off and back on chkdsk pops up to check integrity of my hdd did its thing let it finish loaded windows took forever.I get into windows and my cpu is locking up left and right hanging freezing taking forever to load anything cpu heating up so to make a long story short i finally went and ran chkdsk/r and it fixed all my problems deleted a bunch of things here and there messed my sxs configuration up windows updated itself thankfully and fixed this problem, now onto a different problem i have perfectly good sound on my pc but with the exception of flash applications like youtube,grooveshark,i get video perfect but no sound i have searched and searched for this solution on google and i have done every fix possible on google, all codec packs all reg fixes all of it every last one uninstalled installed sound drivers updated them.I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling my video drivers, Nothing works this is a real pain in the arse and its baffling me i have msacm32.drv in the system32 and the syswow64 folders registry is saying wavemapper msacm32.drv but nothing i don't get it and i don't want to reinstall windows, cause i dont have a backup harddrive and, i have way too much stuff that i cant get back on my pc..
SO any help would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou! in advance

p.s sorry for the bad grammar and broken text

also i forgot to add i ran sfc/scannow and no problems came up ive done this multiple times and im really worried about running chkdsk again seeing as how it messed up my pc in the first place!

Also ran chkdsk again after i posted this still no change..if noone can help i guess ill just reinstall windows

Edited by D.BRINGER, 09 March 2011 - 08:55 PM.

Advertisements

D.BRINGER

D.BRINGER

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Noone? Really? Ok? Well then Wont ever use this site again thanks for the experience!