Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is it my dlink or is it my own modem?

• Please log in to reply

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hey everyone :D

I recently purchased a Dlink router- DIR-655 wireless N router hopefully to increase of the range of my home.

The service internet provider has already gave me a wireless G router installed into the modem, giving me internet connections. Hence i installed the DIR-655 router with the wireless g router modem given to me together.

After installing the Dlink router (install cd was given to ensure that the router is connected) , I realised that the speed was utterly slow!!!!! and inconsistent.

However, I have a full connection bar range but my speed was so slow that without using the dlink it was actually faster although the range is only 3 bars.

What should I do to increase my speed??? I have no idea how..... :D

Hope someone would help me ;) ( If not i really wasted buying an expensive router for it )

Thanks!!!!!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If your previous setup consisted of the wireless G router & a separate modem, you need to remove the wireless G router and put the D-Link router in it's place, do not use both routers together on the same setup.

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi there! :D Thanks for replying :D

The modem is included with the router together as one.... hence I cannot remove the router