Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Update Reverting Changes

• Please log in to reply

Taterbug22

Taterbug22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Been having trouble over the past month with W update, the updates are downloaded but a message pops up at reboot saying "updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes." Finally got a code this morning, 80070643 concerning the Office Source Engine service, followed instructions to change startup type from "manual" to "automatic (delayed start)." Rebooted...tried to update and reboot again and still no luck...any suggestions ?

Advertisements

Taterbug22

Taterbug22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I contacted Microsoft Windows Consumer Support Service. They responded and my computer is now able to receive and perform the updates.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry we were not able to respond to you sooner but I am glad you were able to resolve the issue with the help from the great people at Microsoft. Congratulations for a successful resolution to your issue.