Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 0x000007A

• Please log in to reply

iron mum

iron mum

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Windows 7 64 bit on 1.5 Sata drive.

I just found myself staring at the dreaded BSD with a message saying Kernel-Data-Inpage-Error. Stop: 0x0000007A NTFS_sys-Address FFFFF880012F511C.

I googled it and found this can happen with large sata drive ie-1TB mine is 1.5TB (Normally on restarts and when system is idle) and that there is a Microsoft hotfix to sort this problem. I'm unwilling to just go ahead without checking with you guys first, just in case it's something else.

I was running office 2007 which I was reading. Malwarebytes due to AVG finding Virus win32 heur and one corrupted file.

Is this serious and what do I do?

Thank you.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Normally a file corruption issue on the HDD or a memory issue.
Can also be an infection issue.
Start pls with an analysis of your crash dumps,
Download this, run and click the analyse tab.
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
Scroll down to the results and copy and paste ONLY the crash dumps results.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 16 March 2011 - 02:28 PM.

iron mum

iron mum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi Macboatmaster, Thank you for your help. I did as you asked but although its says Crash dumps are enabled there are no valid crash dumps found.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I was running office 2007 which I was reading. Malwarebytes due to AVG finding Virus win32 heur and one corrupted file.

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here