Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unwanted Yahoo Welcome screen

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
I wonder if someone can show me how to stop this (attached) Yahoo Welcome screen from continually popping up. I have complained to Yahoo but Y says it can't find the trouble. (Why they don't have a "Do not show this screen again." button escapes me!) Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I see no attachment.
Which Yahoo site is this "welcome" screen from?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If you have http://www.yahoo.com set as your Home page, http://www.yahoo.com will pop up everytime you open your browser or click the Home button.

In IE (Internet Explorer) click "Tools" > "Internet Options ..." > "General" tab and change your Home page to anything you like.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
SpywareDr. and Neil Jones: Thanks for your help. Sorry I goofed in "sending" the attachment.

But all ended well. Yahoo came back with the solution after all. Somehow (?) I had the wrong address for Yahoo in my bookmarks. It got me to my Yahoo mail ok but only through that unwanted Welcome screen. Problem now fixed. .... batpark