Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply

bloodprof

bloodprof

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've recently bought a new pc and I dont have sound on it.I've read some threads saying that this maybe because of the video card Nvidia gt430 2gb HDMI and the integrated sound card(Via).Firstly it said there were no sound device I tried installing another sound driver and then it became HD rear output 2,but still no sound.The strangest thing is that sound appears for less than a second from time to time,and the videos(in youtube) are like accelerated....I'm using Windows XP SP3

Advertisements

sujit-agarwal

sujit-agarwal

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Try re-installing your sound drivers that come in the Driver CD. If the problem is still not solved then please try to provide me with the full configuration of your computer.

bloodprof

bloodprof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Athlon II 3x445 3.1ghz
Nvidia gt430 2gb HDMI ddr 3
8gb ram ddr 3
Unganged Dual DDR3 SDRAM AMD K10
AMD K10 IMC
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3