Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crash while playing various games

• Please log in to reply

ktniinrak

ktniinrak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I know my warranty is up so I will look into taking it somewhere to get cleaned.

As for those corrupted files my computer has/can't fix, what should I do about those?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Both those files are from Norton Security.
Do you have it installed on your system?

ktniinrak

ktniinrak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Norton Security is the default antivirus that came with my computer, and was automatically installed during the recovery process. However, my family and I don't like Norton so I immediately completely uninstalled Norton Security. So there should be nothing related to Norton in my system.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to Norton's site and download then run Norton Removal Tool that is appropriate for your version of Norton's you had. Let us know if it works for you.
If this doesn't find the files then you may need to reinstall Norton's and then use the removal tool to completely remove it.

Jameslaker

Jameslaker

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. Recently (past 1-2 months) my laptop computer has been experiencing crashes when I play online games. When it crashes the screen usually turns completely black, though sometimes it will have thin vertical black lines, think vertical white lines, or a completely white screen. Very rarely it will just shut off completely on its own. When it crashes it becomes completely unresponsive and I have to manually shut it down. It usually takes one-three startups to get going again. When it does start up it displays the screen telling me it was shut down incorrectly and asks how I want to run my computer (safe mode, normal mode, etc. I always run in normal mode). I had previously thought the crashes were possibly due to having a weak battery, but I have replaced it with a new, working one but am still experiencing the crashes. I have also experienced a crash while watching a DVD on my computer (not during the actual movie, but while using the menu), and once when my screensaver was running. These crashes have occurred during multiple online games, so they should not be caused by the games themselves, and only online games (windows games run just fine, i.e. solitaire/freecell/chess/etc). My laptop does get pretty warm while running games, so I'm not sure if it's just caused by overheating or if there's something wrong with my video/graphics card/driver or if there's just too much going on for my computer to handle. As far as I know, all my drivers are updated and in working order. Nothing unusual is found by malware/antivirus scans. If anyone can help me figure this out and fix it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Here are my system specs.

Windows Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Internet Explorer 7.0.6002.18005
Memory (RAM) 3837 MB
CPU Info AMD Turion™ X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-75
CPU Speed 2192.6 MHz
Sound Card Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
Display Adapters ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics | ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver
Monitors 1x; Generic PnP Monitor |
Screen Resolution 1280 X 800 - 32 bit
Network Network Present
Network Adapters Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN | Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E GBE NIC
CD / DVD Drives E: TSSTcorpCDDVDW TS-L633M
Ports NOT Present NOT Present
Mouse 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks C: 285.4GB | D: 12.7GB
Hard Disks - Free C: 62.5GB | D: 2.0GB
USB Controllers 7 host controllers.
Firewire (1394) Not Detected
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Product Make HP TouchSmart tx2 Notebook PC
AC Power Status OnLine
BIOS Info | |
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Battery High
Motherboard Quanta 3045
IP Address 35.11.240.231 |
MAC Address 00-26-9E-05-40-08
Host Name JARVIS-PC
System Serial Number CNF9300DY4

your computer is overheating. you might want to fix that.Typically, random reboots are usually related to heat or weak power supply, crashing while playing video/CPU intensive games can be either the same or video problems, quite often also related to heat. The video card has a chipset that gets plenty hot too. If it does not have a small fan mounted,it might need one.

Edited by rshaffer61, 28 April 2011 - 05:53 AM.
Removed links in signature.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 28 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

ktniinrak

ktniinrak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 28 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?

I'm sorry I have been unable to make any recent posts, I've been very busy with school and finals. I purchased a fan apparatus for my computer that elevates it and has two fans blowing air on it. According to speedfan the temp doesn't really change at all from the fans, but for awhile I was experiencing less crashes, but now I am still experiencing them frequently (at least once a day or more), so yes I am still having problems. Sometimes while playing games I move my computer in front of a window so the cold breeze blows on it, and that seems to help reduce crashes, but sitting in front of a window is very uncomfortable and the weather is getting warmer, so that's a terrible fix. In a few days I will be able to move the majority of the files on my computer taking up space onto an external hard drive in the hopes that my computer will run better with more free space and try to clean my computer fan with some compressed air. Other than that I'm not sure what to do, so if you still want to try to help it would be much appreciated.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you ever get Norton's completely uninstalled?

ktniinrak

ktniinrak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Did you ever get Norton's completely uninstalled?

I tried running the Norton Removal Tool a while back, and when I did I wasn't sure if it was even working because there wasn't anything on screen to display progress or anything. And if I tried running it again it said it was already running, but I didn't notice any changes happen after awhile so I just restarted my computer. I will try running it again later today.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is the system still crashing?
Try a search for the two files from earlier posts and see if they still exist on your system.
Also can you get a new speedfan screenshot.

Advertisements

ktniinrak

ktniinrak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Is the system still crashing?
Try a search for the two files from earlier posts and see if they still exist on your system.
Also can you get a new speedfan screenshot.

I was able to successfully run the Nortol Removal Tool. Those two files no longer show up in Event Viewer. However I am seeing a new error report (that was coming up even before running NRT):

The lxeaCATSCustConnectService service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the lxeaCATSCustConnectService service to connect.

I am also still experiencing crashes.

http://img857.imageshack.us/i/capturezc.jpg/

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK those temps are high if one is the cpu.
Is that pic at the time of the crash?

lxeaCATSCustConnectService

This could be signs of left over malware. :)

ktniinrak

ktniinrak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

OK those temps are high if one is the cpu.
Is that pic at the time of the crash?

lxeaCATSCustConnectService

This could be signs of left over malware. :)

My computer is always around those temps (85-100), crash or no crash.

I'm not sure what leftover malware would be on my computer. The only recent change made was a regular windows update, which was the windows malicious software removal tool.

Edited by ktniinrak, 02 May 2011 - 07:57 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK by malware I mean a virus.
Do you download anything from internet like music, movies, videos, games or programs?
Do you use torrent sites like bit torrent or U-torrent?

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
ow that is quite hot...
no wonder you are crashing.
the service is a lexmark printer service, so it is harmless.
i do not think this is a malware problem.