Trying to help a friend understand log file
Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:49 PM
Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:57 PM
My name is patndoris. I will be glad to take a look at your neighbor's log and help you with solving any malware problems. It will be very helpful if you follow these guidelines:
- Malware logs are often lengthy and can take a lot of time to research and interpret. Please be patient while I review your logs.
- Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- Please follow my instructions carefully and in the order they are posted. You may also find it helpful to print out the instructions you receive.
- Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications or delete anything without being directed to do so.
- Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone. Please stick with me till you're given the "all clear".
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
- Please reply within 3 days. If I do not hear back from you in that time frame, I will post a reminder for you. Topics with no reply in 4 days are closed!
Is the machine currently experiencing any issues? Please explain to your neighbor that I will need to look at some other logs in addition to the one provided. Combofix logs alone won't give me all the information I need to help you help him clean the machine. Please attempt to follow these instructions in normal mode.
Download and Run DDS by sUBs
Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.
- Disable any script blocking protection
- Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
- When done, DDS.txt will open.
- Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
- Save both reports to your desktop.
Please Please copy / paste the scan reults.
Please attach the second file; Attach.txt. To attach a file, do the following:
- Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
- Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
- Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
- Click on to insert the attachment into your post
Scan With RootKitUnHooker
- Please choose one link and download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your desktop.
- Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
- Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
- Check (Tick) Drivers and Stealth
- Uncheck the rest. then click OK
- When prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:/ is checked and click OK
- Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File > Save Report.
- Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.
- Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.
Note** you may get the following warning, just click OK and continue.
"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"
Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:55 AM
Reminder: Topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed.
Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:15 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users