Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Photoshop 2.0 Will Not Launch

• Please log in to reply

kneedeepinsnow

kneedeepinsnow

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
My System: Brand New
HP Pavilion Elite
CPU- Phenom X6 1055T
RAM- 8GB

First had an error message could not initialize because virtual memory needed to be increased. That problem has been resolved.

Current Problem:
I am trying to run photoshop on my new pc but it will not launch. I get an error message that say photoshop can not initialize because scratch disk is full.
Can anyone walk me thru fixing the problem? I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Macboatmaster, The first link you gave me won't open. Gives an error 404
The last link about scratch disks I don't quite understand. I got the impression you have to be able to open the app first but I am unable to open the app to begin with.
Sincerely,
kneedeepinsnow

Edited by kneedeepinsnow, 20 March 2011 - 05:46 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Photoshop 2.0? That version is years out of date & is not compatible with Windows 7. You need at least Photoshop 7.

If you mean Photoshop CS2 (very different to Photoshop 2.0) it has to be upgraded to work on Windows 7.

See this compatibility page: http://www.microsoft...adobe photoshop

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 21 March 2011 - 01:10 PM.

kneedeepinsnow

kneedeepinsnow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes I figured it might be not compatible but was hoping I was wrong. I bought 2.0 a long time ago. I guess it is time for some new software. Okay, I will look for photoshop 7. Thank you again.

Edited by kneedeepinsnow, 21 March 2011 - 01:24 PM.

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
You might be able to find that for free through torrents.

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
@iAmXquisite

I see that you are new to G2G, so let me take the time to first welcome you to the forums!

I'm going to suggest that you take a look at the forum rules. They can be found here: http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

Specifically these two points:

p. The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.
q. We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

Kindest Regards,
SweetTech.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes I figured it might be not compatible but was hoping I was wrong. I bought 2.0 a long time ago. I guess it is time for some new software. Okay, I will look for photoshop 7. Thank you again.

You can also try to run Photoshop in compatibliity mode - http://windows.micro...sion-of-Windows and actually you should try this first.

My wife was quite dissapointed that she could not run some of her older (as in ANCIENT) games on her new Win 7 computer. Compatibility wizard did not work for any of them. They were quite old like your Photoshop, but I was able to salvage them all by running them in a virtual copy of XP thru VMWare. I scored big points for that one!! I did have my old copy of XP, and since I decommisioned her old computer and destroyed the hard drive, the license was still valid.

This is a possiblilty for you, if you have XP and it's not an OEM version.

Read here and see if it fits your needs - http://www.vmware.com/ after trying the compatibility wizard

kneedeepinsnow

kneedeepinsnow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I just went and got Photoshop 9. It is running fine. I gave the 2.0 to another friend of mine who is still running XP.
Not to worry SirSpamAlot I would never post an illegal link.