Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Excel Challeneges

• Please log in to reply

LSEactuary

LSEactuary

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi,

I need to create a spreadsheet for my project (don’t worry it’s not homework). I have put as much as I can together but there are a few challenging things that I am stuck on and I need your technical expertise. I have attached the Excel file as well as a detailed Word file explaining exactly what’s going on (if you want some background).

This is what I need to add onto my spreadsheet – but I’m not sure how to do this. I have tried googling for hours but I haven’t found anything useful because these are quite particular requests.

- Password protection on each sheet (with different passwords per ‘person’ thaty they can customize). The main sheet should be only accessible by a certain ‘moderator’
- The line should highlight a certain colour when it’s a certain ‘type’ e.g. complete = blue.
- Anything you type (per row) into any ‘persons’ sheet should automatically type into the main sheet and change colour of course. The main sheet changes should override any other changes.
- I need a timer so if an issue isn’t resolved in 24 hours it turns a certain colour.

I just need the basic formulas etc and Ill extend it to suit my needs. (So please post really accurate instructions or an excel file or something please)

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• 0.png
  • 2.png
  • 1.png

Attached Files

Edited by LSEactuary, 23 March 2011 - 02:24 PM.

Advertisements

LSEactuary

LSEactuary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
One other thing....

If you type a row of data in sheet 2/3/4..... then it should automatically type in Sheet 1 (the main sheet). So if you change something in sheet 3 (for example) it should change in sheet 1 (including colours). And preferably in sheet 1 they should sort themseleves by sheet

e.g.

Sheet 2
[data]

Sheet 3
[data]

etc

Alternatively - you can use Access for this project. Not sure if it will be more useful though...

Edited by LSEactuary, 23 March 2011 - 03:35 PM.

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
If you have such high requirements, then I believe that Access is what you want. However, I can't help you with that; I don't use Microsoft Office and I don't have an Access equivalent installed.