Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

multi layered problems with half understanding! :)

• Please log in to reply

music411

music411

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok...i have sworn to myself by signing onto this board and maybe a few others i will start to learn about computers on my own...and (un)luckily today i made a dumb error and need help....
i deleted a folder on accident....ACG i think or something like that...it ended up being my video driver....i searched using google and came to this board and read about Everest....D'loaded that and ran it.....i'm not sure how or what it represented...but i clicked around in there for a lil bit trying to get a handle on it....when it took me to a Dvideo or Dvix (something like that) site....i tried d'loading that program (after googling around and finding other people saying the same problem was fixed by d'loading from this microsoft approved site)...it asked for validation of my Windows XP....tried running that and it didn't validate...said i was d'loading an old version of the validation software and that my clock was off (which it isnt).....?!!?!?
i bought this computer from Dell and Windows was bought with the computer..i tried putting in my windows XP reinstallation disk to see if the driver was on there, but alas no.....

am i even close? any ideas?

stand strong.
tom

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to GTG Tom! :tazz:

Can you post the Everest log here, or try http://www.belarc.com Belarc Adviser. Maybe we can steer you to the correct video driver.

music411

music411

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i think this is it! since this email i have attempted to contact someone at microsoft about the validation issue i'm having, but as of yet there is no response....

Attached Files

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Not what I was looking for but it seems to have worked any way. Looks like you have an ATI X300 Radeon graphics card. Try the driver here: https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27

music411

music411

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
so far no good...im still running into a problem validating my windows....im gonna (begrudgingly) call Dell...

THANKS THOUGH...expect more questions from me as i try to LEARN about my computer...

stand strong.