Screen goes black when comp is turned on
Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:12 PM
Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:31 PM
Latest version: v22.214.171.124
Size: 127,222,215b / 121.3MB
- Download this scan.txt to a USB drive [attachment=48688:scan.txt]
- Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
- Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
- Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
- Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
- As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads
- Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start.
- Double click the Custom scans and fixes box
- In the dialogue locate the scan.txt you have on the USB
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
- Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive.
- Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
- You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
- Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.
Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:37 PM
Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:53 AM
Do you have a DVD with windows on it or did you not get one with the system
OK can you get to the safe mode menu ?
Restart the VAIO and press "F8" repeatedly until the "Advanced Boot Options" screen appears. Click "Repair Your Computer" and then follow the recovery prompts on the screen
Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:27 PM
Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:49 PM
I didnt need it though i did a memory check on the window you last took me too (which was the one i had to press f8 for) then when it was done the system restored itself i dont know how lol and now everything is back and working, I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP I WOULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU, AND I LEARNED A LOT!,
YOURE THE MAN!!
P.s. the virus is gone too
Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:14 AM
Do you want me to check the system for any residue or are you happy ?
Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:58 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users